CEF MISSION STATEMENT: Church Extension Fund is a ministry of partnering Christians to make resources available for members and churches of the Michigan District in carrying forward the Great Commission.
TITLE: Church Extension Representative (CER)
POSITION PURPOSE: Understand and talk about the ministry of Church Extension Fund (CEF) in your church. Promote CEF using available materials and describing new products or services. Be the eyes and ears of CEF at your church.
1. Active member of their church
2. A person willing to learn about the mission of CEF
3. A person who likes to help their church and serve its members
4. A current (or future!) investor at CEF
1. To learn about Church Extension Fund. Some CEF programs include Excel In Giving, Investment Rebate Program, and congregational grant programs.
2. Become familiar with and display current CEF brochures, Offering Circular, interest rate sheets, and other promotional items in a visible area of the church.
3. Increase congregational awareness of CEF’s ministry by working with:
- Your Pastor(s)
- The Church Council or Board of Directors
- Members like you
- Various Church Organizations
4. Keep your congregation informed of the role Church Extension Fund plays in the ministry of your church and the benefits of investing by using the provided materials in the monthly CER email. This includes tips, interest rates, and bulletin paragraphs.
5. To attend the Annual CEF Fall Conference and to have fun learning about CEF!